Lovely Followers

Saturday 25 April 2009

Pre Wedding Skin and Hair Regime - Glowing Radiance Please!

It is less than three months until I get married and now is the time to get my skin in order for both the big day and the beach honeymoon!


Here's my routine:
Daily:

Hot Cloth: take a muslin cloth or cotton facecloth and soak in water, wring it out and put it in a small plastic bag or wrap loosely in cling film. Microwave the wrap/bag for 30 secs on high. Remove the cloth and spread out over the face and leave for 20 seconds. This is a wondeful way to open the pores ready for cleansing.

Cleanse: Iona Cosmetics Lavender Cleanser - apply liberally, leave to loosen dirt and make up, then remove with a damp muslin cloth. Wipe gently around the eyes in a downwards motion, sweeping away towards the hair line. Scrub gently any dry spots on your face e.g on the cheeks and around the nose, also on the lips to leave them soft. Splash with water if you like. Pat the face dry or leave to air dry.

Tone: The Body Shop Vitamin E facial spritz. Spray this liberally over the face and leave to dry.


Spots: Treat any spots with tea tree oil or witch hazel gel.


Moisturise:
Day - Pat over a layer of Clinique SPF 30 Face Cream liberally to face and neck, don't forget your ears!
Night - Apply The Body Shop Vitamin C Radiance Serum, one capsule only.

Eyes - Eye Rescue Cooling Gel by Molton Brown or Boots Organics First Signs Eye Gel/Cream

I like gels and gel creams because they don't leave your eyes puffy if used at night. The gel is wonderfully cooling and has a slight taughtening effect to lift bags and erase light wrinkles.


Once a week:
Start with the hot cloth treatment as outlined above then use either

Fruit Acid Mask: You can buy them or make your own. To make your own, deseed a papaya and mash in a bowl, add your favourite creamy cleanser (mine is Iona Cosmetics Lavender, but The Body Shop Aloe is a good alternative).  Apply to the face for 10-15 minutes and rinse off.

A few days later use the a Detoxifying Mud or Clay Mask - even better if used in the sauna or steam room.

Body: A circulation boosting salt scrub made using Coarse salt grains (e.g. Maldon or Dead Sea Salt) and The Body Shop's Monoi Miracle Oil. A gorgeous treat I use after a hard session in the gym and sauna. Use it before you shower and on dry skin, otherwise the salt just dissolves.  Work up the body from the feet to the neck, do arms from hands to arm pit. Yes do the arm pit too as it helps prevent ingrowing hairs. It leave my skin silky soft and glowing like nothing else will.  It's a pedicure, manicure and intensive moisturiser.

For my hair I am using a Mayonnaise hair wrap once a week to intensively nourish as well as leaving it glossy and smooth. Take a jar of mayonnaise and spread a handful or so evenly through the hair, wrap up in a warm towel and leave for 30 minutes. It's important to rinse with cool water, so you don't get scrambled egg in your hair. Then shampoo gently to remove sandwich smell and condition.

And finally when Bridezilla begins to surface and threatens a massive hissy fit; I do a bit of Yoga or go to the gym for some inner calm.

9 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like a lot of hard work. I don't know if I'd have the committment for that. You'll have even lovier skin by the end of it though (you already have gorgeous skin). It won't be long until your wedding day is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips, thanx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a ton..lot of usefull tips..all the best for ur wedding...india mein kahan se hai app...mein bhi indian hoon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I'm such a lazy bum tho :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. that oil+salt scrub sounds amazing...I might have to try something like that once I get through final exams to de-stress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your engagement! No doubt you will look totally stunning. I'm getting married next year and wondered if I could please request a wedding make up tutorial/blog post/general tips etc please? Thank you. Love Lottie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LottieB Thank you! Only another bride could understand the "work" involved in trying to look your best for your big day. I hope I don't bore the pants off everyone else! I will blog and make videos about ideas I have and new products I wouldn't normally try, all so I can look like a radiant bride - my husband to be won't recognise me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe no I understand, that's why our wedding is next year! I suffer from acne so am getting facial peels and all sorts! hehe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mayo hair wrap sounds interesting.. might try that. Just 3 more months.. wow! Congrats

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails