Lovely Followers

Friday 3 April 2009

The Body Shop had me at Hello

Naturally, I am a fan of The Body Shop already so I was delighted to be asked to try even more of their products. I shall be reviewing a few of my favourites for you soon.

The Body Shop kindly invited me and some of my favourite beauty bloggers and YouTube Gurus to a bloggers day, we found out more about their company ethos (fair trade, vegetarian and cruelty free) and upcoming new products. We also received a skin care consultation and make over. I was in awe of Chase Aston, he has such a wealth of experience, I should be so lucky to be so talented.

I was impressed by the cream to powder foundation as I have not had much luck in the past with them. Checking out the photo, and 8 hours later as I was taking it off, it was pretty flawless and didn't make me look ashen or chalky like I have had with Clinique in the past.

The new lip butters are also lovely, the one I like is the Yes, yes, yes - because it is gorgeous but also that nearly £4 of the £5 it costs goes to an AIDS charity for children, a cause which is very close to my heart.

5 comments:

  1. This day sounds awesome! You look stunning hun, look forward to hearing your reviews xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Bodyshop stuff but I have been reluctant to buy anything there since the L'Oreal takeover. I realise they have managed to maintain the policy of not using products tested on animals despite L'Oreal's history of doing so but 26% of L'Oreal is owned by Nestle and I am still boycotting Nestle. It's all very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! I'll have to check out those lip butters, they sound lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, the lip butters are lovely and I am in love with the Monoi miracle oil too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails