This is my good friend Jules. By day she is an artist and teacher. By evening she is an amazingly talented singer. I almost cried hearing her sing "You've got the Love", it was a goose pimple moment!
Now Jules is setting herself a challenge to be more Diva, she has a big show coming up at the end of the month so today we worked on her look (hence the feather boa). The look has to be elegant and smokey but eye catching under strong lighting. Jules doesn't have a huge budget for make up so I decided to introduce her to my e.l.f collection to create a look.
This picture is rather unfair to Jules, I gave her a wet wipe to take her make up off which left her a bit red around the eyes and nose.
Lip stain in Red Carpet with Plumping Lip Glaze in Ruby Kiss
Jules gets to try Wiggy (and it looks better on her!)
I had to use more bronzer as with Sepia photography, subtle shading is lost.
Products used were all from e.l.f, I am affiliated with e.l.f Cosmetics UK so all items were sent free for my review.
- Studio Corrective concealer palette (green was used to hide redness on the cheeks)
- Studio Under eye Concealer and Highlighter in Light (to add brightness under the eye area)
- All Over Cover Stick in Ivory (used as a foundation and concealer)
- All Over Colour Stick in Spotlight (a must have for any Diva, to give that glow under bright lights)
- Studio Eyebrow kit in light (Jules' eye brows had to be darkened as under strong lights they will disappear)
- Studio blusher in tickled pink (in the centre of the cheek to complement Jules' rectangular face shape)
- Studio Lip stain in Red Carpet (it has to deep and dark to go with the sultry blues singer's act)
- Plumping Lip Glaze in Ruby Kiss (deep and glossy to complement the lipstain)
- Mineral eye liner in Ash (Black is too harsh on Jules' skin tone and eye colour, so a dark grey was used for smokey without being too stark)
- Studio single eye shadows in Sand Dollar, Pebble and Charcoal (three excellent colours for a contemporary emphasised eye and a touch of smokey)
- Mineral eye shadow in Trendy (gently washed over the lid, brings life to the grey and adds much needed shimmer to the lids)
- Earth and Water Mascara Duo in Black
- Studio HD Powder (pressed in to the skin it has an amazing softening effect. Even under very strong lighting, Jules will look soft and luminous rather than dusty or shiny!)
- Studio Cool Bronzer (used under the blusher, along the jaw line, down the sides of the nose and on the forehead to sculpt Jules' features under strong lighting)
Total cost of the make up used in this look = £47.00 Not a bad price for 15 items of make up!
If we had more time I would have used some Dramatic Eye Lashes but Jules was in a hurry!
What do you think of Jules' Diva Singer Look?
I am affiliated with e.l.f Cosmetics UK so all items were sent for my review.