Tired of life giving you lemons? Make a cake, a lemon drizzle cake!
Here's a recipe that I use to make a delicious, moist, sweet and dense sponge cake
This is the easiest cake to make and enjoy!
225g of Butter
225g of Caster Sugar
Grated rind of one lemon.
3 teaspoons of Bicarbonate of Soda
225g of Plain Flour
85g of Caster Sugar
Juice of 1 and a half lemons
1. Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius (gas mark 4)
2. Line a cake tin or loaf tin with grease proof paper (if you don't have one then you could use individual muffin cases as well)
3. Mix together the butter and sugar
4. Add each egg and combine with butter and sugar mixture
5. Add lemon zest
6. Add sifted flour and bicarbonate of Soda and mix until well combined
7. Spoon the mixture in to the lined tin and use a spoon to level
8. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes, using a skewer to check if the cake is done (poke the cake and if the skewer comes out dry, it is done!)
9. Combine the lemon juice and sugar
10. Drizzle over the cake as it is cooling and still in the tin.