Lovely Followers

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Cover FX Skin Tint SPF30

Cover FX is a new brand to me, hailing from Canada and cruelty free, and you can now find it at the House of Fraser in the UK. I've had mixed feelings and experiences with mineral based liquid foundations and concealers. Often they are too dry for my dry skin and no matter how much moisturiser I use, there is irritating cling on to dry patches of skin. So I tend to stay away from mineral based foundations unless they are powders.

Pictured with the Skin Prep FX primer (top) which I use with other foundations, it's not necessary with Skin Tint FX

So I was sceptical that a sample sent to me would do much for me. After several weeks of use in many different conditions, I feel this is different, different enough to feel positive about. Skin Tint FX is not meant to be used as a foundation however it is good enough for me even on a not so clear skinned day. I quite like the hint of shimmer as it brings an added dimension. I've really enjoyed using this over the last few weeks, no irritation and a whopping SPF30 has made it to my "current make up box". More about that box in a later post I think! It's quick to smooth over the skin with fingers providing nice coverage with a sunkissed look which is effortless. I then pop a bit of concealer around areas still needing cover or colour correction.

I think the formula is excellent, so different to other tinted moisturisers I have used before. It's not dry or greasy but feels like you would expect a silicone-based primer (it contains dimethicone polymers), in that it is smooth and lightweight. It also doesn't melt in humid or sunny conditions. I find that I don't need to powder to set it either, probably due to the mattifying effect of the mineral pigments.

I get an excellent colour match with the C Light shade, so I am not sure whether to recommend it for all skin colours or whether if you are lighter skinned a lighter tone would be more suitable. I think that this would add a bit of a fake tan element if you are trying to extend your summery tan (of if you haven't been on holiday but want to look like it). I don't think it would be suitable for very pale complexions.

At £36 for 30ml it is at the pricey end of the scale however I would buy this as I've not found a tinted moisturiser with such a natural feel and finish. Also a very little amount goes a long way. Based on this experience I will probably explore the rest of the range either online or when I am near a stockist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails