Lovely Followers

Monday 8 November 2010

Ask Jasmine - Flaky, weak nails.

Q: Hey Jasmine, Not sure if you'll know the answer but you might :D I've been having problems with my nails, but just on one hand, they are splitting, but it's like a layer peeling off, and every time it's nearly grown out it happens again :( any solutions??


A: If you haven't already switch to an acetone-free nail polish remover (I use Superdrug). Buffing your nails once a week (again the Superdrug 2-step ridge smoother and shiner is brilliant) and using a rich cuticle cream every day before bed (such as LUSH lemony flutter or Mavala) really helped me.

The other thing is that you have to give your nails a break from nail polish for at least a month. Not even clear nail varnish, they should get better after this. Also check your vitamin and mineral intake. A supplement is really useful. Invest in a glass nail file, I saw a few in Boots the other day. These are much kinder to your nails, keeping them strong and not letting water get in between and weaken the nail layers.

If you're missing your nail polish, try Rebel Nails stickers for special occasions, I found this brand whilst I was searching for something whilst I was on a nail polish break! I also saw some on ASOS and in Superdrug also but reviews have said they aren't as good as Rebels. Avoid stick on nails as the glue is too strong and will pull any weak nails apart.

4 comments:

  1. ohhh, i think i may have to lay off nail polish for a bit! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gr8 tips OJ. I used to have weak nails too which just refused to grow and broke off as soon as I saw some length.But after I started takin cod liver oil they just grow super fast and are strong 2.
    Luv ur vids by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails